What are our current plans for strategus

Disclaimer
This list is subject to changes. Depending on community feedback and weighing pros and cons we may do things in a different manner. The sole purpose of this is to give a rough idea of what we plan for strategus and what issues we already talked about

Issues and Features

• Moving using waypoints: Instead of moving toward a single point, player will be able to define several waypoints that his army will take like in RTS games

• BattleTime: All strategus battles will happen during a prime time around 18:00-00:00. No more waking up for a battle at 5 am , or having battles during work hours.

• Dynamic number of Strategus Servers : Making the time window for battle smaller means having all the battles in a smaller time window . This could overwhelm the battle scheduler, forcing players to wait several days for a battle if the strategus server get really crowded. A solution would be to have several battle at the same time when the queue is too long. We could have smaller battles run at the same time as bigger battles , so you wouldn’t miss a big battles because you’re already in another one.

• This one is just an idea i had that several people liked. It’s definitely up to discussion : Adding small parties of AI bandits , or traders that would roam the map. This would give smaller clan a chance to grow bigger. Battles vs AI would be played by real players on both side. It was already the case when you attacked a neutral city.

• Limiting the size of parties. Massive armies of 10k descending upon calradia was problem in Warband Strategus. Limiting the maximum troop you can have in an army would solve this problem

• Several parties joining the same battle: In exchange of limiting the maximum troops in an army , we’d allow several parties to join in an attack. Once someone has attacked someone else , there would be a time windows were other parties would be able to join in the fight. No more armies of 5000 , but 10 armies of 500 instead. This would force clan to rely on teammates instead of having huge empires managed by a few.

• The ability to follow someone

3 Likes

For battle times, wouldn’t this just be the same thing as night time settings we already had? I’m worried about when you’d set time zones too. If say NA times are 6pm EST to 10pm EST then that’d be 3pm to 7pm my time and almost everyone wouldn’t be able to make the battles and just get fucked. Even 8-12am like you listed would be 5pm-8pm so if you work a 9-5 or a 10-6 you miss most battles.

I’m sure we can find a time window that can suit everyone. For example during the week 20:00-00:00 CST would be 21:00-01:00 EST and 18:00-22:00 PST . But it is not the same as having a night time setting. Night time settings makes it that the battle only happen at a time that suits the defender. It can be abused.

BattleTime: All strategus battles will happen during a prime time around 18:00-00:00. No more waking up for a battle at 5 am , or having battles during work hours.

-------->>>>>>>>>>this rule is just just just perfect very smart movie,i already liked u nerds,ur capacity of intelligence is way higher than donkey team’s.

Warband Strategus. Limiting the maximum troop you can have in an army would solve this problem

--------->>>>>>>>>>This will be helpful so no life lunatic fked up robot nerds like james won’t be able to attack me with his 9999 army

1 Like